Friday, July 16, 2010

Interim Message

So. 100 days are almost over. I missed out on quite a few of them thanks to corrupted laptops, multi day Greek road trips, piss poor moods where I DID hit the delete button, and nights that I crashed clean on top of my keyboard.

Is my life crazier than the average life? Well, yes, probably. Is my life so crazy I shouldn't have been able to hold to my own challenge? No. Not in the slightest.

To be honest I'm a little disappointed in myself. I've allowed myself to be swallowed by the whale of circumstance, something I was hoping to ride like a Maori warrior princess. On the other hand, it's important to be able to look failure in the eye and say, "hey there. You don't scare me. You're just the other face of victory."

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely."
~ Henry Ford

Still, victory feels nicer.