Wednesday, July 21, 2010

3-2-1

On this third day before the technical end of my 100 days, I'm devoting my post to the number three.

First, in numerology, (don't roll your eyes, Dad, it was spread by the same guy behind the Pythagorean theorum!) the number three is the number of creativity.

Copied and pasted directly from a woo-woo site:

It's roots stem from the meaning of multiplicity. Creative power; growth. Three is a moving forward of energy, overcoming duality, expression, manifestation and synthesis. Three is the first number to which the meaning "all" was given. It is The Triad, being the number of the whole as it contains the beginning, a middle and an end.
The power of three is universal and is the tripartide nature of the world as heaven, earth, and waters. It is human as body, soul and spirit. Notice the distinction that soul and spirit are not the same. They are not. Three is birth, life, death. It is the beginning, middle and end. Three is a complete cycle unto itself. It is past, present, future.
The symbol of three is the triangle. Three interwoven circles or triangles can represent the indissoluble unity of the three persons of the trinity. Others symbols using three are: trident, fleur-de-lis, trefoil, trisula, thunderbolt, and trigrams.
The astral or emotional body stays connected to the physically body for three days after death. There is scientific evidence that the brain, even when all other systems are failing takes three days to register complete shutdown.
There are 3 phases to the moon. Lunar animals are often depcited as 3 legged. 

Speaking of 3 legged lunar animals, my favorite dog in the creative universe.



He's probably more incensed that I didn't draw him prettier than he is about the ultramarine blue oil paint on his head.


And to my handsome three legged totem animal, I want to express to you my undying love. There are days that I miss you so much I think I would exchange my right arm... bad joke?


Fairy tales love the number three.



And so does the bible.



And of course, Greek Mythology...




Three is the magic number for wishes. I'm making mine now. You should make yours too.

Got them? Good.

I spent all day in bed today thanks to the air conditioner critter I mentioned yesterday. Tomorrow is another city tour. I'm going to bet there are three children.

I'll let you know.